Digital Audio is in the phase of the revolution. Audio advertising is the new avenue for businesses to advertise their brand; big brands like McDonald’s have already started using it as a channel to reach their audience. Due to CoVID-19 all over the world, there was an exponential rise in the number of users consuming audio content. The industry was growing before the pandemic because of the podcast segment on platforms like Spotify, Google Podcast, etc. It is projected that by the year 2022, the user base from Tier-1 and Tier-2 cities will be around 829 million people as per Cisco’s Visual Networking Index. In a report by Deloitte and Indian Music Industry (IMI) there were 150 million users just in the year 2018.
How audio advertising helps in marketing?
- Easy Tracking.
- Reaches where video doesn’t.
- Higher Customer Engagement Rate.
- Cost Efficient.
Let’s understand the above concepts in detail.
- Easy Tracking -Analytics is very important for tracking the performance of any type of campaign. With programmatic audio advertising, this can be done easily with the help of the following metrics:-
- Impressions– Ad tagging helps you in tracking and verifying launches through music and podcast platforms. Ad tagging is generally set at the very start of the audio.
- Downloaded programs–The ad can be tracked to get the information sent by the client app to know the number of downloads of a particular application or the number of website visits.
- Location– The data can be gathered where the ads received more responses and other insights related to user location. It is even possible to ascertain the exact locations where an audio ad gets the most amount of response. Hence, helping in streamlining business strategies even more.
- Reaches where video doesn’t– Unlike video, audio allows both active and passive engagement with content. It can be heard and enjoyed while driving, jogging, cooking, or even while laying down with your eyes closed. No wonder there is a considerable section of the audience who prefer consuming audio content over video. What about the audience who likes to spend their time listening to music, podcast, or their favorite radio shows. Audio indeed reaches where video doesn’t.
- Higher Customer Engagement Rate-Audio advertising has more engagement than video ads because the ads are mostly unskippable. Another reason is the usual lack of interface between the user and the content. It’s highly unlikely that you will walk over to your phone charging on a table, playing music via a Bluetooth speaker in your kitchen, skip an ad while you’re busy kneading dough, or are busy with some other tasks. Hence, the ads always reach a customer. A survey by Midroll Media showed that 60% of listeners made purchases from podcasts.
As targeting the audience has become easy with the programmatic audio software, the following attributes ensure an ad gets higher customer engagement rates:-
As targeting the audience has become easy with the programmatic audio software with the following attributes the ads get a higher customer engagement Rate:-
- User Age
- Device (Make / Model / Price)
- Part of the Day
4. Cost-efficient- Audio Advertising is way more efficient than traditional video ads in terms of both engagement and cost. Also, it has become powerful with the help of programmatic targeting as it can target a specific and precise audience.
How are you using audio ads for your marketing?
Audio Marketing is a new venture for brands to experiment with. Though with the help of programmatic audio advertising it is as efficient as any other video advertising platform. Also, PayTunes ensures that we deliver the best results for your campaign with our expertise in the industry. We offer you the reach of 200million+ unique users monthly and you pay only for fully delivered ads.