Revised June 10, 2016
Why does PayTunes require permissions when I download it from Google Play?
When you download PayTunes from Google Play, PayTunes needs access to certain capabilities to work on your mobile device. Here are the required permissions:
- Approximate location: Required to offer you ringtones based upon your geo location.
- Receive/Read your text messages (SMS): Required to automate the user verification process by reading OTP (One time password).
- Full network access: Required to communicate with PayTunes servers to synchronize user reward points with call data.
- View network and Wi-Fi connections: Required to check if the device has an active connection.
- Receive data from Internet: Required to receive push notifications.
- Read phone status and identity: Required to detect EVENTS like incoming calls, answering calls and ending calls to give reward points to user and to set ringtone for next call.
- Modify or delete the contents of your storage: Required to save the mp3and promotional creatives of the ringtone.
- Disable your screen lock and prevent device from sleeping: Required at the time you register on PayTunes to complete the process of registration smoothly.
- Write settings: To set ringtone of your device.